This is a question that many are probably wondering about, right? Especially if you are not raised and born in the US.
What Is – THE AMERICAN DREAM ?
Or, what is it exactly all about? Is it reality or is it just a dream?
Let me start by first telling you it does EXIST….for a selected few people out there.
- The person who comes to my mind as I am writing this is Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer. As far as I know and what I saw about him, is that he came from Mexico in 1990. He entered the country illegally, and he spoke very little English. He had no money, no JOB, no family and was basically homeless when he came to the US. To support himself,some of his odd jobs were at a car wash and he also worked as a dog groomer. Later on he became a dog walker in Los Angeles.This is what I remember from when he told his story to the media. I might be wrong. Please correct me, if I am. Here his Biography.
- Today he is one of the most famous of dog whisperers, and people and dog therapists. I am sure he has made his DREAMS come true. I am also sure it took a lot of HARD work, determination and a tiny bit of luck. He has now a beautiful home and I am sure his American dream became reality. If you have seen one of his recent TV shows, than you will hear him speak near perfect English now, and I don’t think that he would be as successful as he is now without his English.
- As a former dog owner, I would like to thank Cesar for all the great work he has done, all the dogs he rescued and the people he educated. Thank you Cesar! A farewell to his best friend Buddy, who passed away on February 19.2010.
- My son and best friend BLUE also passed away some time ago. He was born in Hialeah a Cuban neighborhood in Miami, on Nov.10.1996 and he passed away in Munich on June 05.2008. He just fell asleep,as he was already sick for about one year, because this stupid vet gave him pills that had horrendous side effects! He was the best FRIEND I ever had! He was the funniest and most beloved white boxer on the planet. He brought so much joy and laughter in my life, that I could dedicate a whole website to him! And after more than 10 years, I still miss him! Thank you bubichuli for giving me so much LOVE, joy and laughter. I will forever miss you!!!
Just in case YOU are NOW ready to learn US English with NYC English than please click here, and this link will take you to NYC English.
- There are most likely many more people out there, who will say that their American Dream became a reality! A lot of Hard work, some luck, being at the right place at the right time and probably some other ” ingredients ” have something to do with it.
- Unfortunately for most people the American Dream never became a reality, and for some it became a nightmare.
- But for most Americans or just people who live and work or worked there, the American Dream looks more like this:
You work your ass off, every day of the week plus on the weekend, and you have a 2nd JOB! At least for many years. Than again, you just might have a third JOB, who knows?
- What is a JOB? I heard this one in a seminar that I attended in 1995/96. It was a multilevel company named Pre-Paid Legal. They sold Legal insurance. Around 300 people attended and the first question to the participants was: WHO has a JOB? Please raise your hand. Around 50% raised their hands. Then he explained the JOB thing.
- A JOB is a 3 letter word. A J, a O and a B. These stand for J=Just, O= Over, and B= Broke. So it meant: Just Over Broke. The people cracked up, most laughed and maybe some started to think if there is some TRUTH to that? Well, is there?
OR, even worse: ARE YOU MARRIED to YOUR JOB?
Or, are YOU open a open minded person?
IF you are, than TAKE a LOOK at this LIFE CHANGING Opportunity! Just click here:
My mom had a JOB. My wife has a JOB. Both had, and my wife still has, I believe that, a great life since they were/are the foundation of a successful partnership, called MARRIAGE, but even if your not married, like one of my best friends who became a father at the age of 50, is still as far as I know, not married to the mother of his child, and that’s OK. I really depend on your personal situation and preferences.
So IS THERE at least some truth to the phrase, a JOB is or means: Just Over Broke? Probably, maybe, for sure. Which is your answer?
Anyway, what does this post have to do with this website, which is devoted to HOW or WHY to learn the English language fast, but also have fun while learning.
- Easy. If you want to really succeed in America, then YOU will have to learn the English language. At least to a degree where they just might hear a slight accent, and they just might overlook that, if you clearly understand and comprehend English. Otherwise, your American dream will never come true for most.
- At this point, I want to make something perfectly clear. There are always exceptions to rules, and there are most likely some few individuals that did make the American dream come true, even if they did not speak and understand English. That might be so, and it’s OK. If one would look closely at these individuals, then I am sure that these people probably had such determination that English was basically not a must. So PLEASE let me know IF YOU know someone like that.
- For a minute or so, lets assume that you have a JOB where you earn one Million or more yearly. There are a few people who have jobs like that. They work in silicon valley with these gigantic companies and these companies pay them such high salaries, because they know that these people are worth every penny.
- But how many of such high paying JOBS are out there? Millions? I don’t think so. Ten’s of thousands? Maybe…or is it more like hundreds to a few thousands? I am really not sure, but it can not be that many.
So most American blue color workers make an average of around $ 2800 per month net. So if you have a wife, a kid or two, then that is not a lot to work with. Some/many even work for less, since it really depend on one’s individual situation. On the other hand Hollywood movie stars make Millions for basically “having fun”! WOW, their American Dream actually became reality, I think…unless they committed Suicide. I wonder why.
- While I was living (and working) in Miami Beach for about 11 years, in the early nineties I saw many of these really famous movie stars. While I was in the gym on south beach, I saw Jeff Goldblum, one of the Baldwin brothers, Philip Michael Thomas, who played “Crocker” on the TV series MIAMI VICE with Don Johnson, Sylvester Stallone, Bud Spencer and many more. Madonna, you know the material girl had her Yoga classes on South Beach in the Apartment that brother rented out, so I saw her coming in and out of the building 2-3 times a week, since I lived in the same building on 12th and Drexel.
The one that impressed me personally the most was Cindy Crawford. She was working out on the stair master next to me and she just looked amazing while wearing absolutely no make up at all. Even today she just looks amazing!
- All of these people made it, or really lived the American Dream,or are still living it! They have/had FAME, money and fortune to be international movie stars.
One other way to financial FREEDOM and IF you believe in a HEALTHY Life Style and alternative medicine, is CTFO. A great company with great products! Just CLICK HERE and I am convinced that you will AMAZED! Just like I was.
- For Millions of ordinary folks the American dream looks more like this. No fame, no fortune, no money to blow on expensive multi million dollar villas in Hollywood. No they work a lot, pay their taxes, get into debt, to build your credit and hope that you can eventually or someday pay it back! It’s a great life, and most of the things you own is actually owned by the bank!
- How to people live that life ? Well IF you OWN real estate, especially before the housing crash, it was like this. If you owned a property, lets say which was worth $150,000 you pay your mortgage and hoped that every year the value of it would go UP, which it did until 2008. In 2008 the Case–Shiller home price index reported it’s largest price drop in it’s history. Until 2008 you just refinanced your home every so often, depending on various factors and you took a lump sum of cash (in form of a check of course) for you, because your property increased in value and you used the cash to pay back credit cards and loans! As long as the value of your house/apartment increased everything was just fine! Like I said until 2008 it worked, and then thousands if not Millions of people lost basically everything they had.
Now the American Dream became the American nightmare. Since most Americans had NO SAVINGS, they basically started from scratch, and for many who were young it was a lesson they would never forget. The filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by financial services firm Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008, remains the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history, with Lehman holding over US$600,000,000,000 in assets.
Then there was also the stock market crash of 2008 occurred on September 29, 2008. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 777.68 points in intra-day trading. Until 2018, it was the largest point drop in history. It plummeted because Congress rejected the bank bailout bill. Now thousands or Millions of Americans LOST their entire pension. Another BLACK day in American history for many Americans.
- So here you go. I hope that now you have a better understanding for the term or phrase WHAT is the American Dream?
- Since RICH people do not pay taxes, large cooperation s do NOT pay taxes and one of the richest companies, the Catholic Church does NOT pay taxes, the ordinary working man PAYS taxes to fuel the rich and make them richer. Sorry folks, but the truth really hurts sometimes.
Personally I never had a JOB. Well to be honest, I did. When I was around 17 or 18 and finished my last courses at high school in Vancouver Canada, I decided to work at night at a gas station,j just to have some extra money. My hourly wage at the time, and this is in the 80 ties, was $ 5.- Canadian. I did that for about 4-5 month. That really taught me the SAME lesson as Robert T. Kiyosaki in his book Rich Dad Poor Dad, when he worked for a few cents in a supermarket putting groceries in a shelf! After that I had pretty much my own businesses most of my life.
- I never again had a JOB. Instead, I worked WITH other people or companies all around the world, which was great. I never became a Millionaire, since I lost a lot of money, but it was worth it.
The life of an Entrepreneur is not for everyone, but it should be a CHOICE for kids or young adults to be able to make, instead of going for the obvious, which is going to college or university and earning a degree.
- This POST reflects my personal opinion and my experience LIVING and WORKING in the US for almost 11 years.
- Please feel free to tell me YOUR story and what you think is the American dream.
LAST but NOT least, PROTECT your Privacy!
- If you spend a LOT of time on the internet (and it does NOT really matter WHERE you live) you want the world of SCAMMERS and people who want to take advantage of you,to NOT know where YOU are or live, you want to be PRIVATE. But since your IP address can tell them exactly where YOU are! Scary? Maybe.
OK, so you mean, you have nothing to hide and the 4 Billion internet users want NOTHING from you since you are doing nothing wrong, right? Great so you are like me!
- Unfortunately the world has become a bit more crazy and hackers can do stuff today that seems almost impossible to most normal users.
- Have you also wondered to WHY you can not watch certain videos or tutorials online? It will say: This video is NOT available in your area. With a VPN you can avoid that.
And YES its completely LEGAL, like a PO BOX!
So what about a FREE VPN? Yes they do exist and we all love FREE stuff, right? Well why don’t YOU watch this video that will explain it. Click here please.
- Your IP address is like your HOME address. You are showing and telling EVERYBODY on the net, especially the “bad”folks where you are! Do you flash your ID card or drivers license to people who you do not know?
- NO you don’t. So the VPN which means Virtual Private Network, just protects you from these “bad” people out there, and it does NOT show YOUR IP address, but another, and you can even choose the country.
Please do your due diligence on VPN’s and you will find that one of the BEST and most affordable is NORD VPN. If you are interested in their BEST offer jet...PLEASE click here.